- Serves: 6
- Prep Time: 2-4 hrs
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total Time: 3-5 hrs
For the Kebabs
- 16 oz. lean sirloin steak, trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch cubes
- ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp Welch’s 100% Grape Juice made with Concord grapes
- 1 ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 ½ tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 ½ tbsp chopped shallots
- 1 zucchini, cut into ¼-inch rounds
- 1 portabello mushroom, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- Large pinch ground black pepper
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Six 12-inch metal skewers
For the Rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 ½ cups brown basmati rice
- Place beef cubes in a 9- x 9-inch glass baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together Welch’s 100% Grape Juice made with Concord grapes, Dijon mustard, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, thyme and shallots. Reserve half of marinade and refrigerate.
- Pour remaining marinade over beef and mix well. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Fifty minutes before serving, prepare basmati rice: boil water in a medium saucepan. Add basmati rice. Stir well, reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 50 minutes. Set aside.
- Remove beef and reserved marinade from refrigerator. Thread 1 beef cube onto skewer followed by 1 piece each zucchini, mushroom, onion, red and yellow pepper. Repeat until skewer is full.
- Brush skewers with remaining marinade and allow to stand for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spray a grill pan with non-stick cooking spray. Heat to medium. Place skewers on grill pan and cook 10 minutes, turning halfway. Recipe may also be prepared on a charcoal grill over medium heat.
- Remove skewers from grill pan and serve with basmati rice.
Nutrition per Serving
Serving Size: 1 skewer plus 1/4 cup cooked brown basmati rice
- 336 calories
- 10g fat
- 3g saturated fat
- 19g protein
- 45g carbohydrates
- 37mg cholesterol
- 368mg sodium
- 4g fiber
Recipe Created by