- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 1 hr
For the Chicken
- Four 3 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, rinsed, patted dry and lightly pounded
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup low-sodium chicken broth
For the Chutney
- 1 ½ cups Welch’s 100% Grape Juice made with Concord grapes
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 dried apricots, finely chopped (about 1 tbsp)
- 3 chestnuts, roasted, shelled and diced (about 3 tbsp)
- 1 small apple, diced (about 1 cup)
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup diced celery
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme leaves or 1 tsp dried
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves or ⅓ tsp dried
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Season chicken lightly with salt and generously with pepper.
- Arrange chicken smooth side up in a small roasting pan. Add chicken broth to pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then brown under broiler for a few minutes.
- While chicken is cooking make the chutney. In a medium saucepan, combine the first 8 ingredients (grape juice through ginger). Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes. Stir in herbs and keep warm until ready to serve.
- To serve: place 1 chicken breast on each plate and using slotted spoon, top with 1/4 of the chutney.
Nutrition per Serving
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast, 1/4 of chutney
- 208 calories
- 3g total fat
- 0.6g saturated fat
- 128mg sodium
- 62mg cholesterol
- 26g carbohydrates
- 21g protein
- 2g fiber
- 20g sugar
Heart-Check certification does not apply to information reached through links unless expressly stated.
Recipe Created by
Diane Henderiks, RD