- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 45 min
For the Dressing
- ½ cup Welch’s 100% Grape Juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup Kefir, low-fat, plain
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Kikkoman Lime Ponzu Sauce
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste (1/16 tsp each)
For the Salad
- 5 cups baby arugula, washed and dried
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 pear, cored and quartered (about 1 cup)
- 1 fennel bulb, cored and quartered (about 2 cups)
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced (about ¾ cup)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Make the dressing: Whisk all ingredients for dressing in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a small, rimmed baking sheet, drizzle olive oil over fennel and season with salt and pepper. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Uncover, turn fennel over, add pear cut side up and bake for another 15 minutes or until fennel is tender. Transfer to a plate.
- Thinly slice fennel and dice pear.
- Combine arugula and onion in a large bowl. Add fennel and pear, and toss gently.
- Toss salad with half the dressing.
- Sprinkle with chia seeds and serve with additional dressing on the side.
Nutrition per Serving
Serving Size: 1/4 of salad with 2 tbsp vinaigrette
- 150 calories
- 8g total fat
- 1g saturated fat
- 99mg sodium
- 0.6mg cholesterol
- 20g carbohydrates
- 3g protein
- 6g fiber
- 12g sugar
Heart-Check certification does not apply to information reached through links unless expressly stated.
Recipe Created by
Diane Henderiks, RD